Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I'm a senior here at Marian College. I'm an English Major, ESL minor, and Secondary Education.

I graduate in May and leave for London and Paris for two weeks. It's become my mantra.




My technology experience consists of being married for 25 years to a systems analyst and having to hear about everything on the planet about computers, but I have no personal knowledge of how they work. I didn't even use one much until I returned to college 2 years ago other than ebay. I am not fond of technology, though I have a cell phone which I covet for the awesome ability it provided me in raising and keeping track of 5 children. However, after I lost a 10 page English report somewhere on my computer last semester, I was sorely tempted to find a functioning typewriter somewhere on the planet and return it to use. I prefer to read real books that I can hold in my hand and will do anything not to read things on a computer, though I must admit that googling for things is sometimes very convenient, but being somewhat ADHD, I tend to be easily sidetracked. I don't like to read anything more than a page long on a computer. I have a Face-Book account but there isn't much on it. I only joined so my kids would add me, and I could see what they were up to now that they no longer live at home, plus, they thought it was funny because I was in college and so were they. I don't even visit it often. The thing I hate most about technology is all those passwords that I can never keep track of. I would like to learn how to transfer pictures from my camera onto the computer.

No comments: