Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Can technologies replace teachers?

This was a recent poll question on the Edutopia home page that I just couldn't help going to because I wanted to see the reactions. Most were similar to what I would have answered, that we'll always need real people, someone has to teach you how to turn on and run the technology, etc. I know that technology is becoming more and more sophisticated, but until it reaches the point of those robots in AI, I seriously doubt that humans can be replaced. Even then, we hope there needs to be someone there to make the robots. I say hope, because I've read R.U.R., one of the very first robot stories ever published. They actually coined the word robot. Anyway, I believe that as long as there are people like me, we will always need teachers like Prof. Zoom. Your job is safe!

No comments: